Tuesday 24 March 2009

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

Most people’s perception of a gangster film would tend towards the view that it would contain extreme violence, greed and corruption. Often the genre would involve Italian/American “families” who fight each other for control, without any conscience.
In my questionnaire I asked, “What do you think are the attributes of Crime/Gangster films and their actors?” The top answer was “violence”, and from the majority of gangster films I have seen, I would agree with this view.

Therefore, my partner and I used violence as the main theme in our film. The outcome of our film, and also the way the characters treat each other demonstrates this clearly.

There are many different British Gangster films, for example Green street Holigans, Lock Stock, Snatch, Revolver and many more. This website show lots of different British gangster films: http://www.virginmedia.com/movies/movieextras/top10s/gangstermovies.php

When analysing films I chose to analyse The Untouchables, Green Street Holigans and The Italian Job (2003 version) I thought that if i chose the new Italian Job and my partner chose the old Italian Job we could get a good comparison of how the genre of crime/gangster films has changed over the years.















Italian Job (2003) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317740/
Italian Job (1969) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064505/



No comments:

Post a Comment